Total Pageviews

Friday, May 9, 2014

Colin Firth sighting


9 am in the elevator on my way out for the day.  A couple floors down the doors open and in walks Colin Firth.  He was here in Bangkok to work on his new film ‘The Railway Man’ and staying at the same hotel as Ron and I on Lang Suan, a busy one way street in the heart of the city.

Both of us leaning against the back wall, I turned to him and quietly said, "I feel compelled to give you a list of good restaurants here in Bangkok."  Obviously, I know who he is but I don’t want to accost him, just to be of help to he and his crew.  

"That's kind of you, but the timing is not good, we're leaving today.  We've had some help from some locals so it was fine.” He said softly, then he asked, "Are you an American?" 

 "Yes, from Palm Desert, near LA” 

“I’ve been there.” He said,   "Do you live here?" 

"Yes, for 4 years.” I answered. 

“Do you speak the language?” He asked.

“Yes, a bit. I’ve found it easy, but I only speak taxi Thai, restaurant Thai and I can be polite.”  I said with an easy laugh. 

“Yes, I’ve heard it’s the same for learning English, easy at first until you get into the language”  Said with some experience.

The doors opened and as I stepped toward the door, he simply said, “Have a lovely day.”

I turned, smiled and said “You, too”





No comments:

Post a Comment